Avocado Spread for Avocado Toast
|2 Tbspn pitted and chopped black olives ||2 ripe Haas avocados |
|2 Tbspn lime juice freshly squeezed ||½ tspn ground black pepper |
|1 cup vegan ricotta or cream cheese (cashew or almond-based) or some other soft white cheese ||1 Tbspn chopped flatleaf parsley leaves + parsley for garnish |
|¼ cup minced celery ||¼ teaspoon salt |
|3 Tbspn minced fresh basil leaves ||¼ cup chopped raw walnuts |
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Do not peel.
- Use a spoon to scoop out most of the avocado meat, leaving ¼ inch border lining the skin. Add the scooped avocado to a bowl and chop with a potato masher adding lime juice. Squeeze lime juice on the avocado boats as well to prevent from browning.
- Add the cheese, celery, basil, olives, parsley, black pepper, salt and walnuts.
- Mash with a potato masher or firmly mix with a metal spoon.
- Heap each avocado boat with filling.
- Spread on whole grain toasted bread for 'avocado toast' or as a dip for crackers, tortilla chips or crudités.
Nutrition Content Per Serving
Calories: 239, Total Fat: 20g, Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.54mg, Total Protein: 2.3g, Fiber: 5g,
Beta-carotene: 243mcg, Vit A: 21.8mcg, Vit C: 10mg,Folate: 65mcg, Potassium: 384mg, Calcium: 28mg, Magnesium: 32mg